13 Songs for 2013
CREDIT: Selector Series
You've opened (or returned) your holiday tech gifts and have probably grown tired of Christmas carols. Time to sweep away the post X-mas blues and the past year with a new music mix.
Here's a collection of the best old and new(er) tunes to celebrate 2013. And they are all available free online — on YouTube or through Spotify.
13 years ago, New Years had a definite tech vibe with hysteria over the Y2K bug. The fear has gone now, and the new year brings excitement, with the Consumer Electronics Show starting on Jan. 8, a slew of new video games launching, and inevitably more hyped up Apple product launches.
Best of all may be the things we don't know about yet — the next great mobile game, more-powerful smartphones, or a new social network that gets people excited instead of worried about privacy.
While you wait for all that, kick back — or pump up — with this holiday playlist.
1. "Start Me Up," Rolling Stones
2. "Auld Lang Syne," B.B. King
3. "Get the Party Started," Pink
4. "11:59," Blondie
5. "New Year's Resolution," Otis Redding and Carla Thomas
6. "Happy New Year," ABBA
7. "New Year's Day," U2
8. "11:59," Pitbull featuring Vein
9. "Resolution Blues," Dinah Washington
10. "What Are You Doing for New Years Eve," Ella Fitzgerald
11. "New Years Eve," Snoop Dogg and Marty James
12. "Celebration," Kool and the Gang
13. "Auld Lang Syne," Pink Martini