Official Tweet Buttons Hatch this Week
An official Tweet Button from Twitter is imminent according to confidential documents obtained by Mashable. The Tweet Button will allow Twitter users to share articles, see how many times an article has been shared, and follow a site's Twitter accounts.
Similar to Facebook's Like button, Twitter's button can be added to a Web site with a single line of code making it an easy plugin to blogging platforms such as Wordpress and other sites. Currently, third party services like Tweetmeme and Retweet have offered their own buttons for Twitter users.
The documents detail how a user will use the new button:
- Users click the Tweet Button on your page to share ...
- And compose a tweet with a link and your user name ...
- Then have the opportunity to follow your account.
Twitter has packaged the new button as a powerful way for site owners to keep readers on their sites, while spreading the site's address through integrated tweets. For users, the Tweet Button makes it easy to tweet and keep reading.
The official Tweet Button may be available as early as Thursday.
- How to Secure Privacy on Facebook
- How to Create and Design Your Own Web Site
- Social Media: Huge and Here to Stay